Mail attachments (possibly) being corrupted

Shane Warner Shane_Warner at bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 26 00:06:43 CST 2002

> Do *you* have anything constructive to add?
I am sure those who have the right knowledge will ask the right questions to
get the information they require to diagnose a situation. =)

They come through as junk.

I have my email distributed to a number of accounts.  Client sites, home
office, web based mail service etc.  I received an email at a client site
which had a word document attached.  When I checked the email out at my home
office, KDE Mail reported an attachment which I was able to save, but word
wouldn't recognise it as a word document, therefore I assume it was corrupted
somehow when it came through my server.

This is indicitive of something that happens to me every now and then, which
can be planned around, but is a bit of a pain in the rear.

Cheers,
Shane.

On Thursday 25 July 2002 23:46, Daniel Mundy wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 23:10, Shane Warner wrote:
> > Do you have any constructive to add?
>
> Do *you* have anything constructive to add?
>
> > > Every now and then, email attachments do not seem to come through
> > > properly for me.
>
> Shane, bit more info please. Do the attachments simply *not* come
> through, or are they seemingly junk and not save properly (thereby
> possibly indicating corruption (or encryption)).
>
> Maybe it is just the larger attachments not making it through, because
> of some size limit placed by the mail provider?
>
> Daniel Mundy

Shane Warner

Barcombe Holdings Pty. Ltd.
ABN 63 078 773 887

Mobile: 61412020214
Fax:    61294750649
Email:  mailto:Shane_Warner at bigfoot.com

"The significant problems we face cannot be
solved at the same level of thinking we were
at when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/  IRC: #linuxsa on irc.linux.org.au