Founder..... browsers/sound

Anthony Symons ant at sa.pracom.com.au
Tue Jul 23 14:04:20 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 12:32, Adam Hawes wrote:
> Mozilla is excellent, and pretty.  It's just slow.  Knock out the mail

Opera is pretty and fast, but not gpl. Who cares? I'll deal with a
banner :) It also copes pretty well with MSIE only pages. Compatability
is only improving.

> GIMP is the Photoshop of tools.  I haven't used it for anythign more

Ive done quite a bit of graphic work under windows in the past, and I
find gimp really annoying, just because I am incapable of using it. I
think it needs more intuative interface. Although those who can use it
probably dont think so. Its an excellent program that can do way more
than they have to but even selecting an area and doing a cut and past
wasnt too obvious last time I looked and if you cant do that your likely
to give up and try paint shop pro under wine :)

> Audio is an area where Linux fails dismally.  There's so many different

<http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/one-page.html#hdr>

Have a look under the multitrack section. There is more stuff out there
than first meets the eye.

Ant

--
Systems Administrator
Pracom Ltd.
anthony.symons at sa.pracom.com.au

PRIVILEGED - PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
This electronic mail is solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you receive this electronic mail in error, please delete it from
your system immediately and notify the sender by electronic mail or
using any of the above contact details.

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/  IRC: #linuxsa on irc.linux.org.au