you hear 1 distant explosion

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Sun Jul 21 20:00:01 CST 2002

root at ns1[/usr/ports/misc/screen/work/screen-3.9.11]# egrep -r "distant
explosion" *
nethack.c:      "You hear %d distant explosion%s."},
Binary file nethack.o matches

Heh... cool, checkout some of the entries from this:

{"Got only %d bytes from %s",
         "You choke on your food: %d bytes from %s"},
{"Copy mode - Column %d Line %d(+%d) (%d,%d)",
        "Welcome to hacker's treasure zoo - Column %d Line %d(+%d)
(%d,%d)"},
{"First mark set - Column %d Line %d",
        "You drop a magic marker - Column %d Line %d"},
{"Copy mode aborted",
        "You escaped the dungeon."},
{"Filter removed.",
        "You have a sad feeling for a moment..."},

Can't say I've ever seen any of these come up though...

Very funky though.

- Ryan

--
:: Ryan Verner           xfesty/irc.oublinet.net ::
:: ICQ 76626240       MSN dev.festy at start.com.au ::

       "Spiral out.  Keep going, going..."