[OT] MacOS for PC

Wayne Simes wlsimes at tell.net.au
Thu Jul 4 10:55:21 CST 2002

Hi

I am intending to give my retired parents a pc so they can use the net. But,
I don't really want to give them a box with MS Windows on it. I fear I may
be around there more often than I like. I think that a linux box may be a
bit to complicated for beginners. I was thinking about buying them a Mac,
but that seems rather silly seeing I have 2 pc's at home I am not using.
Besides, if I bought a Mac I would keep it for myself.

Does anyone know if there is a version of MacOS that runs on an intel based
pc ?

Alternatively, is there any Mac shops that sell second hand imacs ?

Wayne

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/  IRC: #linuxsa on irc.linux.org.au