[NEWS] 'Linux is too much like Windows'

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Tue Dec 31 22:38:27 CST 2002

davidn at rebel.net.au wrote:

> It's somewhat up to each site, just as the location of the OS directory
> is with Windows, but I have to point out that since unix standards of
> the past and present include /usr, /home and /usr/home, there's little
> "moral" difference between unix and Windows

Remember that you were replying to a follow-up.  The *original* poster
claimed their -was- a difference.  So I think it's perfectly fair to
point out the nature of reality!

   - mark

I tried an internal modem,                    newton at atdot.dotat.org
      but it hurt when I walked.                          Mark Newton
----- Voice: +61-4-1620-2223 ------------- Fax: +61-8-82231777 -----