xpde

Damien Uern carrigan_2606 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 27 12:55:37 CST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 7:59 am, Ian Loxton wrote:

> I wonder if that will work under Lycoris? They use KDE as their base
> system.

It'd work on any distro, cos they supply all the libraries and things they
need. Strangely enough, the environment is being developed in Kylix 3. All
the source is pascal. It may be possible to compile up the environment on
Lazeras using the free pascal compiler once Lazeras goes v1.0 (Lazeras is a
delphi/kylix clone). The cool thing is with the delphi-like environments, (at
least with lazeras) is that u can use any GUI back end when you compile (QT,
GTK, whatever...)... all the pascal headers stay the same, so the source for
your project doesn't change... I had to use Delphi for 6 months work
experience a while ago, and it's quite a nice environment. Kylix is awfully
slow though, i didn't like it (apparantly it uses wine-lib, which would
explain the sluggishness)

Damien