CUPS and Samba access denied...

Richard Russell richard at yellowgoanna.com
Thu Dec 19 10:44:22 CST 2002

Hi,

I use Debian 3.0, with cups 1.1.14 and samba 2.2.3a, and I have a HP
LaserJet5L connected to my server. I use Windows XP on my laptop right
now. Cups seems happy enough with the printer, and I can print from
the commandline right now no worries.

I have samba configured as follows (just the bits I consider
relevant):

[global]
   load printers = yes
   printcap name = /etc/printcap.cups
   printing = cups

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   path = /tmp
   printable = yes
   public = no
   writable = yes
   create mode = 0700

Now, from mr laptop, I can use explorer to see the server, and can see
the samba shares as well as the printer. However, if I try to connect
to it, I get "access denied, unable to connect". If I try printing to
it, it fails silently.

Any ideas?

rr

--