Satellite

Gibb, Bradley (EDS) Bradley.Gibb at courts.sa.gov.au
Thu Dec 19 10:21:04 CST 2002

Hi Steve,

I have used the IHug satellite option. Again, this was a 56K modem back
channel. The card that the satellite dish plugged into was just like a LAN
card and acted as an device that could be brought up and down with an ifup
and ifdown command. (It has been a while, so I can't remember the actual
card name.)

The people at IHug also unofficially had support and drivers for Linux, if
you spoke to the right people. You just have to make sure that you get the
satellite frequencies right or you would have hours of pulling your hair
out. :-)

Cheers,
Brad.