RAID - RH7.2 - ALPHA

Ben Kramer ben at webmedia.com.au
Wed Dec 18 23:41:03 CST 2002

Hi Mark,

what you should be looking for is a dac960... And a lot of spare time!!
It is possible to install onto a dac960, but not easy!! If you can install on a non-raid disk, NOT on the dac960, you shouldnt have any problems.
http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/DAC960.html is the link you want.

Good news, I just remembered that RH7.2(x86) was straight forward to install on DAC960, how ever you may have a faulty array (first array), which makes it very hard to install on! Trust me, I know from experiance, one disk that wasnt quite sure if it was going to fail or not, usually deciding mid-install to fail!!

Have fun and good luck!

Cheers,

Ben.