UPSs

Martin Lewis Martin.Lewis at unisa.edu.au
Wed Dec 18 17:06:53 CST 2002

Kim,
This is an excerp from an e-mail a guy I know who isn't connected to the power
grid.

The Photo Voltaic Rebate Program (Gov Money) gives you a one off subsidy of
($5/Watt).  So it is by far the most cost effective solution to put in what you
need or a max of 1500W now (the
funding cap is $7500). The funding at this stage runs out mid next year. We
hope it will be continued. A careful family should be able to live within the
limits of a 1500W
system. (most use double that)

MDL.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with
Solar UPSs. I am looking at deploying a number of
them, or maybe one large one ...

yours,

Kim

=====
"I'd rather listen to Newton than to Mundie. He
 may have been dead for almost three hundred years,
 but despite that he stinks up the room less."
                                        -- Linus Torvalds