OT Re: Aussie bom weather sat images

Pigeon jah.pigeon at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Dec 18 07:53:49 CST 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:56:41PM +1100, Martin wrote:

> in the film he looks at why gun ownership is just as high in canada as the
> USA but the gun homicide rate is like 0.1% of the USA's.
>
> hence his question about whether they are gun nuts or just plain nuts...

What sort of guns, though?

Wildly speculating off the top of my head, I'd say that a Canadian is
more likely to buy a hunting rifle or a shotgun, an American a pistol
or a revolver. How much this is subconsciously influenced by movie
stereotypes I'm not sure, but hand guns are intended purely for
killing people (as opposed to other animals), so "plain nuts" may be
nearer the mark... (apologies to all sane Americans reading this)

Pigeon