OT Re: Aussie bom weather sat images

Martin marty at supine.com
Tue Dec 17 13:29:44 CST 2002

$author = "Richard Russell" ;

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 08:53:42AM +1030, David Fitch wrote:
> <snip>
> > everyone should go and see "Bowling for Columbine",
> > a film opening at the Palace/Nova on Dec 26th.
> > (it's by a yank, Michael Moore, he had a short series
> > on SBS a while ago, it's all about yanks obsession
> > with guns).
>
> go see www.bowlingforcolumbine.com and watch the flash intro. Some
> revealing statistics on guns and the USA. Of course, statistics can be
> manipulated to say anything you want, so bear in mind such factors as
> the total population of the US vs Australia and Canada etc when
> reading the stats... Still, it's impressively ridiculous, and makes me
> glad I live here. Check out the short video clips too -- amazing
> stuff.

in the film he looks at why gun ownership is just as high in canada as the
USA but the gun homicide rate is like 0.1% of the USA's.

hence his question about whether they are gun nuts or just plain nuts...

marty

--
Can't buy what I want because it's free.
Can't be what they want because I'm me.

"Corduroy" - Pearl Jam