OT Re: Aussie bom weather sat images

Richard Russell richard at yellowgoanna.com
Tue Dec 17 13:22:06 CST 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 08:53:42AM +1030, David Fitch wrote:
<snip>
> everyone should go and see "Bowling for Columbine",
> a film opening at the Palace/Nova on Dec 26th.
> (it's by a yank, Michael Moore, he had a short series
> on SBS a while ago, it's all about yanks obsession
> with guns).

go see www.bowlingforcolumbine.com and watch the flash intro. Some
revealing statistics on guns and the USA. Of course, statistics can be
manipulated to say anything you want, so bear in mind such factors as
the total population of the US vs Australia and Canada etc when
reading the stats... Still, it's impressively ridiculous, and makes me
glad I live here. Check out the short video clips too -- amazing
stuff.

rr

--
Richard Russell