Help with rsync and ISO updates

michael michael at home.lyppard.com.au
Fri Dec 13 12:03:45 CST 2002

Hi.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Ian Loxton wrote:

> Alex Wallis wrote:
> > cron'ing a
> > small script to run wget and if the download is incomplete to run wget
> > -c to grab your iso images.
> >
> If I learnt how to cron etc then that does sound a better option but how
> does that check to make sure you are only downloading newer files?.

wget -c will continue with incomplete downloads. Sounds like you might
benefit from a visit to the wget man page :) - Anyway, you can use the
--mirror switch which will only download files if they have changed.
--mirror is a combination of the -r and -N switches apparently, -N being
timestamping and -r being recursive.

Regards,

Michael