Compaq Laptop - Linux - Wireless card

George Patterson george at visp.com.au
Wed Dec 11 13:51:09 CST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:28:48 +1030
Ryan Verner <xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:10:36 +1030 David de Groot
> <david at viking.org.au> wrote:
>
> | Actually, he booted Knoppix off CD on the day and it worked just
> | fine. Therefore, maybe an installed knoppix or debain might work ?
> |
> | I still think SuSE would have worked if we installed newer
> | CardServices.
>
> This isn't the only "half success" story I've heard after installfest
> - once a year doesn't seem to be enough :-(

It is for the volunteer organisers. :-P

> Not sure if this is already happening, but it'd be good IMHO to have
> more unofficial "installfest" type gatherings on a more regular basis
> - smaller, but this comes with the advantage that they're much more
> managable, and more problems will be solved.

They are happnening David Lloyd been organising Saturdays. But Ryan, fix
a date and make an announcement. :-P You just need plenty of tables
(chairs people can generally bring their own).

> I tried to help a few people on the day, but due to commitments
> already organised, I had to leave quite early...
>
> Maybe a post-installfest installfest is in order?

Great... Would you like to organise it??
But call it a Configfest.

George Patterson