Help with rsync and ISO updates

Ian Loxton ilox at airnet.com.au
Wed Dec 11 00:40:00 CST 2002

Having a sod of a time trying to rsync the latest ISO from Lycoris. I
have been trying for days and getting just so far then losing the line
etc. My ISO is Build 52, the latest in the beta is build 64.

Restart often means starting from scratch and now the ISO is the
closest it has ever been at 75% complete.

Here is the code I am using, taken from a mini-HowTo on Rsync found on
the Lycoris community site - http://www.lycoris.org

$ rsync -Pz --stats ftp.lycoris.com::ftp/iso/cd1* .

Any clues how to get better behaviour out of rsync or am I using the
wrong tool for the job?

Cheers,  Ian