debian install abandoned

David Fitch davidf at parachilna.com
Tue Dec 10 18:40:41 CST 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 05:02:39PM +1030, stephen white wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 04:33 PM, Michael Gratton wrote:
> >That's an odd statement as well, I've found Debian to be *the* best
> >distro in terms of consistency and integration of all packages with
> >the system as a whole.
>
> If you can't install a package and have all the other packages
> recognise it's there and start using it, there's no integration.

you mean like when I installed abiword and it appeared in my window
manager menu and as an option to open mail attachments in
evolution and when double clicking on a file in the file manager
thing etc?

(although I agree in some ways there could be better integration,
I don't think it's as bad as you make out)

Dave.