ADSL

Michael Selge mselge at hansenyuncken.com.au
Mon Dec 9 12:23:30 CST 2002

Yes, I totally agree it is the fault of the end user.

I always recommend anyone to go to the next higher plan ( now $70 for 4.5
gig on 256k plan ), but a lot of people I know cannot justify spending this
much on Net access. I would assume ( hope ) that most readers on this list
would have a good idea of amount of traffic generated by using the Net, but
the majority of users just have NO idea.

I also appreciate that Internode and all other ISPs are hamstrung by Telstra
Wholesale charges for ADSL access. my opinion is not a dig at Internode..It
is more frustration that because of T$ wholesale rates that a reasonable low
cost access plan for the average Joe blow without excess charges is not
really a reality without considerable knowledge of what downloading actually
is.