distro to recommend for newbie

Dan Kortschak kortschak at rsbs.anu.edu.au
Mon Dec 9 10:14:23 CST 2002

If I were there I'd definitely go for Debian, but unfortunately he is in
Jakarta and I'm in Canberra, so what I'm trying to find is something that
is likely to have relatively clear and available community support.

I'm there for him, but as I'm sure you're all aware long distance support
(one-on-one) can be difficult at the best of times.

I've sent him the suggestion of Mandrake that Andrew made (he now has 3
distros to investigate and he's a bright guy, so I reckon he should be
able to sort things out with a nudge every now and then).

cheers
Dan

--

  The address above will not work, remove the spanner from the works.
  See headers for PGP public key.

  By replying to this email you implicitly accept that your response
  may be forwarded to other recipients.