[OT] Virus, who has the virus?

Andrew Hill list at fornax.net
Fri Dec 6 23:37:34 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 21:11, Ian wrote:
> What I was talking about was that it had to have come from
> somebody who had both an email address from this list and
> an email including my address otherwise it would not have
> been able to spoof the address.

Well, I don't know what the worm was, but there are worms out there that
attach to the network port and scan all passing traffic, so both your
email address and a spoofed sender's address could have been obtained
from a random infectee browsing the LinuxSA web archives, no?

Cheers,

--
Andrew Hill

This may seem a bit weird, but that's okay, because it is weird.
-The Perl v5.0 manual page.