[OT] Virus, who has the virus?

Ian ilox at airnet.com.au
Fri Dec 6 22:29:27 CST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:57:46 +1030
George Patterson <george at visp.com.au> wrote:

> Why would the virus have had to originated from the linuxsa list??
> I don't see any netcraft's mail servers (eg jessica.netcraft.com.au)
> in those headers.

George, where did I hint at that? I am well aware of spoofing and I take no regard for legitimacy of those addresses as being the originator of the email.

What I was talking about was that it had to have come from somebody who had both an email address from this list and an email including my address otherwise it would not have been able to spoof the address. Now the chances are that more than likely the person was/or is a member of this list although I have not used that address for this list for several months. There is an outside chance that somebody had an email that contained both addresses yet they were not a member of the list, a small chance but it is a possibility.

Cheers, Ian