P.S. Unix / Windows Interoperability

Daniel Moore danielm at gropep.com.au
Fri Dec 6 14:53:13 CST 2002

The best thing you could do for yourself is set up a test server on a
spare piece of junk lying around the office. If I were you I'd install
FreeBSD from the net, install samba from ports and go from there.
There's nothing like experience to overcome the confidence barrier. Then
you should try to f#(K with it, see if you can fix it, see if it does
really work. Once you've finished the hack work, you'll know enough
about it to decide if it's going to do the job for you, because really
at the end of the day you are the only one who can decide if it meets
your needs...
Daniel.