grr @ grep syntax

Adam Smith adam.smith at sageautomation.com
Thu Dec 5 12:21:45 CST 2002

> Aside from the improper and inefficient use of find, which
> others have already discussed, the reason the two different
> commands give identical results is that the backslash in the
> second command is a shell-escape.

Actually the reason I escaped it originally was because grep was giving
results matching "cdr" on its own without the . character.  Any file
such as "  . . .

Wait, now I'm weirded out, because my original argument of "find * |
grep .cdr" is working flawlessly.  Maybe I broke something the first
time without realizing.

*sigh*

lol