ENOUGH!!

Pigeon jah.pigeon at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 10:01:22 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:40:43PM +1030, Daniel Moore wrote:
> If we make a distro called Vegimite we could spread it around...
> Daniel.
>
> ps. sorry ;)

Paged off the end of this thread and straight into one from
debian-user, which said:

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 03:44:23AM +0000, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:45:38 +0000
> Colin Watson <cjwatson at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > > Should we expect that when glibc is ready, we will be looking at an
> > > apt-get upgrade for a system pinned to Testing will prove to be > 100
> > > packages?
> >
> > It wouldn't surprise me. There are currently 900 packages waiting for a
> > fixed glibc (although they may be waiting for other things too, so take
> > that figure with a pinch of salt).
>
> Why not make it Debian 3.1?

Given the existing silly names for Debian distros, the progression
slink -> potato -> woody -> vegemite seems like a good idea... how
about suggesting it ?!?

See Terry Pratchett, "The Last Continent" for an alternative account
of the origins of Vegemite.

(Also see "Wyrd Sisters" and "Small Gods" if you've ever wondered
where the Ogg Vorbis format got its name from)

We are now NO LONGER the Knights Who Say Linux, we are now the Knights
Who Say ECKI, ECKI, ECKI, P'TANNGGG! Zum-boing, zum Vegemite.

Pigeon (pommie Marmite eater)