[OT] - Suggestions for Enterprise Servers

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Thu Dec 5 01:42:17 CST 2002

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:51:00 +1000 Evan Bourlotos <evan at cs.adelaide.edu.au>
wrote:

| List,
|
| Seeing as some of you may be running enterprise level servers I thought
I'd
| ask here.
|
| We are looking at upgrading our SQL server duel p2-450 50gb raid etc
| We initially thought dual p4-3ghjz to use the hyperthreading but that
| requires Windows XP and there lies the problem there isnt an XP server
| around it's either win2k or Win .NEt server not release)

Pah, Windows?  Run Linux ;-)

Given, there are good applications for a Windows server, but why ask on this
list?

That's like asking on a Holden mailing list what's the best Ford to by ;-)
Surprised DSL hasn't bitten your head off yet <g>...

| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| | Evan Bourlotos              Email: evan at cs.adelaide.edu.au             |
| | BSc, MCS                    WWW:   http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~evan |
| | University of Adelaide      Phone: +61 8 8234 5522 (Work)              |
| | South Australia 5005        Fax:   +61 8 8234 5530 (Work Fax)          |

- --
Ryan Verner <xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au>

ICQ: 76626240
 PH: +61 415 297 303
IRC: xfesty / irc.oublinet.net
 EQ: Mummer (Bard), Tholuxe Paells

propaganda as education, no rising above your station.
a totalitarian state, all the victims that can hardly wait.