Modem Hangup

Paul OBrien joeyt at picknowl.com.au
Mon Dec 2 22:37:55 CST 2002

Hi Guys,
	Maybe you can point me in the direction of some info on modems and how
to set them up.
I have a newly installed RedHat 8 system, amazingly it mostly works, the
dial up bit it a bit fickle though, the modem hangs up randomly usually
when low traffic but I cannot find some way to configure this.
I don't know if it is being hung-up by my system or something else is
causing it to drop the line, any pointers greatly appreciated.
(56K V90 KTX modem on a serial port, standard stuff)
Cheers
	Paul