Route Exploration Software & Monitoring?

michael michael at home.lyppard.com.au
Mon Dec 2 22:31:38 CST 2002

Hi.

Just a note to you guys to say ThankYou!

Your discussion of nagios prompted me to investigate, and I have to say
this is the most empowering thing I have done on the wan for a long time.
On top of that, it has been a pleasure to implement. (that doesn't mean
'cinch' it means 'clear, achievable and logical') I now have the
beginnings of a central place to monitor my linux and windows servers,
routers, switches and printers. Joy!

I have nearly 40 hosts, and 100 services monitored now. The ease of adding
monitoring to this thing from varied sources is a revelation. Why isn't
all software like this?

Regards,

Michael