samba and windows 2000

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Mon Dec 2 17:14:54 CST 2002

>Yeah the problem is with the explorer. From the command line it works
>fine...

Let me guess, you're getting an "Access denied" error?

What version of Samba are you using?  There was a nasty little bug in
a previous release which had a patch released soon after to fix this.
(I think it may have been 2.2.3 but I'm not sure)

(If you haven't already, upgrade to the latest, 2.2.7, which I'd
recommend if you're running Windows 2000 workstations anyway,
there's a whole bunch of Windows 2000 related fixes since 2.2.3)