[OT] Alternatives to Telstra for phone lines (rant)

Andrew Hill list at fornax.net
Mon Dec 2 16:36:13 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 15:05, Richard Russell wrote:
> 4) Worked from home, putting a few things off until tomorrow, so I
> could see the Telstra techo, let him in, and tell him where to stick
> it (er... the phone connection, that is), but by the time it got to
> 2:30pm, I decided to spend another half hour on hold, to find out that
> he's coming tomorrow.

Free money!

From the Telstra CSG: "You may be entitled to a CSG payment for every
working day of delay beyond an agreed connection date." It's $12/day for
residential, $20/day for business for a standard phone line install, up
to 5 working days - then it goes up to $40/working day.

They really do pay, too! I've managed to get a few hundred $ out of
Telstra before for this situtation, where they don't show up on the
agreed day. To maximise your benefit, you should ensure that you are
unable to work from home again for a few weeks!

See the back of the White Pages for all the details.

Cheers,

--
Andrew Hill

This may seem a bit weird, but that's okay, because it is weird.
-The Perl v5.0 manual page.