Interesying article on a NSW government department. Oh yes and Microsoft

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at tellurian.com.au
Mon Dec 2 10:10:34 CST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 16:09, Steve Nicholls wrote:
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2126747,00.html

The thing I like to see is that Sun appear to be approaching the problem
properly. Most of the time, we see people trying to push organisations
completely into a Linux or Open Source solution, when in actual fact,
it's rarely possible that an organisation can function well running of a
single Operating System (including both client and server side). From
the article, it looks as though Sun have recommended trials and
upgrading machines to Star Office a bit at a time. It would be nice if
there was some Open Source involved, though.....

Matt