Anyone tried Gentoo?

David de Groot david at viking.org.au
Mon Dec 2 08:59:23 CST 2002

On Sunday, Dec 1, 2002, at 23:39 Australia/Adelaide, Ian Loxton wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> This is a post copied from the CompuServe Linux Forum. Just wondering
> what the response might be from this list.
>
> Cheers,  Ian
>
> ============= start post =====================
> Has anyone tried Gentoo?

Nope, although I considered it. I don't have the bandwidth for it as I
believe it downloads the source packages as required, which on a 56k
modem could take a while.

However, I built a minimal Linux From Scratch system - was a good
experience and only took a couple of days compiling on a Celeron 400.

Dave
--
David de Groot
ICQ: 38962228 / 1315031     AIM: dadegroot
MSN: beelzebub at vikings.homeip.net