linux drivers for D-Link ADSL Modem (ethernet) DSL-300

Stuart Lowes mrpid at internode.on.net
Sun Dec 1 20:52:49 CST 2002

Gerard,

No drivers, as such, are needed for this model, as it terminates as an
ethernet port.  All you need is some PPPoE software (eg. rp-pppoe -
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/) running on the box which is
connected to the modem by ethernet.

In recent distros I've seen (RH 8, Mandrake 9 etc), the pppoe can be
configured through the distro's network configuration tool.

Cheers,

Stuart