'make release' under RedHat Linux

Glen Turner glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 10:05:31 CST 2001

Matthew Geddes wrote:

> > I heard somewhere on the grapevine that RedHat has a similar feature
> > which grabs all the SRPMs for that release and compiles them, sits them
> > in a directory structure appropriate for a CD.

Having a look at the compile dates on the binary RPMs suggests
that this isn't the case.

> I've heard quite the opposite (doesn't mean I heard right though). I think
> most distributions tend to keep their build process fairly quiet.

Red Hat provide the tools (in anaconda-runtime) but no documentation.
People reverse-engineer the doco after each release.  See
  http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/RedHat7-CDs-HowTo.html

Glen

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/  IRC: #linuxsa on irc.linux.org.au