Digital Video anyone?

Anthony Symons ant at sa.pracom.com.au
Mon Nov 5 15:58:25 CST 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 14:13, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> 3)
>
> SOrry, haven't tried that at all. No memory stick on my camera.

Ive just had a bit of a hunt around the net and found a few articles.

http://www.tiani.org/~kianusch/sr1k.html#memorystick

Says that the memory stick hardware in the sonyt vaios is suppoerted as
an experimental feature and is supported as a usb device, and this guy
was able to mount it as an msdos file system and read and write.

Another article I read said that someone else was doing it with one of
those floppy drive adaptors for mem sticks. I cant see why this wouldnt
work.

And another more recent page mention kernel 2.3.13, that also states "no
linux support yet for the mem stick slot on his camera, so he went the
usb reader way" (not a direct quote, but story here:)

http://www.raubacapeu.net/people/yves/help/usbdscp1.html

Ant

--
Systems Administrator
Pracom Ltd.
anthony.symons at sa.pracom.com.au

PRIVILEGED - PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
This electronic mail is solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you receive this electronic mail in error, please delete it from
your system immediately and notify the sender by electronic mail or
using any of the above contact details.

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/  IRC: #linuxsa on irc.linux.org.au