Syslog remote logging

Alain Satre alain at messagebay.com
Wed Feb 14 12:21:22 CST 2001

What about specifying the line twice?
i.e.
mail.info        /var/log/maillog
mail.info       @syslog.server

In some examples it looks like you can do this, and it will write to both.  I
havent tried it yet, but it may work.
Syslog -r  ?  Thats it?  I would hope that doesnt allow untrsted hosts to send
syslog data to your host?  Is there a way to allow certain ip's? or just all
or nothing?

Thanks a Bunch David!

Alain-