telnetd: All network ports in use.

Tarek Heiland tarek at bakas.com.au
Mon Aug 30 10:30:51 CST 1999

I had the exact same problem going from 2.2.5 - 2.2.11

The issue is with the Unix98 Pty fs.

I had to add the following to my /etc/fstab to get rid of the message.

none	/dev/pts	devpts	mode=0622	0	0

I believe you can recompile the kernel without this support. When enabled it
becomes an all or nothing affair and you must have the fs mounted.

To find out more info read

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes

or equivalent liux src location on your machine.

It took me a few hours to find the solution as everyone appeared to be
having the same issue but without answers being posted.

Regards
	Tarek