Question about CDROM

Phil Pittard vk5ham at seol.net.au
Sun Aug 22 18:27:01 CST 1999

Hi.... couple of thoughts....
1. check /dev/cdrom & see if its still linked to /dev/hdc or whatever
2. try modprobe cdrom
3. u haven't rebuilt the kernel have you and left out cdrom support ??? :)
4. Perhaps you may have dislodged a card in one of the slots?? Does the cdrom led come on..is their noise from
the cdrom???
5. Perhaps you accidently dislodged a cable to your cdrom?? As above :)

Anyway, there the things I would be checking..
1 other thing..SOMETIMES, one of my 40x cdroms throws similar errors if I boot up linux without a cd in the
drive!!  I then have to insert a cd & then reboot linux if I want to access the cd!