Someone actually has had something positive to say about a winmodem

Jake Hawkes jake at eclectic.com.au
Thu Aug 19 18:32:04 CST 1999

hehehe!!!

I had *exactly* the same problem. But unlike outlook/exchange solutions,
I could go into the text file where the mail was stored and clean up the
headers that was making it crash. No problems from then on. Gotta love
the "text file standards" :)

On exchange, everybodies email is stored in one *huge* binary file, and
if it goes to shit, then you are relying on the Exchange Data Store
recovery program (which actually does go ok - but it takes about 4
hours)

<rant>
To me - email shoule remain as it was intended. Text. You want to send
attachments, then fine, but there has to be some sane limit. Sending
upwards of 4 meg in an attachment is a ludicrously inefficient method of
transferring files.
</rant>

Tim Ansell wrote:

> The dam message crashes netscape every time i try and open it... Another
> Microsoft success....
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Check out the LinuxSA web pages at http://www.linuxsa.org.au/