1 MAILER-DAEMON@einste Thu Aug 19 08:29 12/523 "DON'T DELETE THIS MES"

David Newall davidn at rebel.net.au
Thu Aug 19 12:55:47 CST 1999

I believe this has been discussed before; mind you, when I looked yesterday
there seemed to be no way of searching the archives.  [shrug]

Imapd/popd put this message in your mail folder to hold state information.
By all means delete it, but it will reappear whenever you access your mailbox
using imap or pop (e.g. Netscape communicator, Eudora, Microsoft Outlook,
and possibly Pine.)  Why not just believe what it says, namely that it's
put there by the mail system, and that you should ignore it?

--
Check out the LinuxSA web pages at http://www.linuxsa.org.au/