Clock skew detected. Your build may be incompleted.

Senthill Kumar.V senthill at wipinfo.soft.net
Fri Aug 13 14:03:00 CST 1999

Hi,

I installed (slackware)linux ver 2.0.35.

I had to compile linux source as to detect SCSI Drive and Network Card.
While compiling I got the following warning:

****>
make: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
<*****

I just ignored and continued compiling I could boot linux with identifying
SCSI Disk and Network Card.

But the problem arise when I start to install perl.
While make depend perl, it went into loop giving the following error

****>
MAKEDEPEND=>File modification time in future ...
<****

Then I touched all file in the perl dir. and started making it.
Make was successfull but it gave me waring as

****>
make: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
<*****

1. I am worried whether this warning will give major impact to my programe that
   is to be developed in future?
2. Can anyone explain what the waring is about?
3. What is the solution to compile the linux src without this warning msg?

Kindly help me  out.

Thanks and Regards
Senthill

--