Vanishing SMB mount point

Justin Viiret justin at sprawl.com.au
Mon Aug 9 23:46:14 CST 1999

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 12:26:21AM +0900, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hmmm, Samba has a disconnect timeout, where it will disconnect an unused
> TCP connection (over which SMBs are being sent) after an idle time.
>
> Perhaps Windows also does that.  Then, if SMBFS was having problems with
> reconnect, it might get into trouble.  Most clients implement reconnect
> properly, but perhaps SMBFS has not been tested in this manner.

OK, I've written a perl script that runs once an hour and checks to see if
there's a connection in the netstat output with status ESTABLISHED and tries
to remount the smbfs shares if it isn't there. Looks like it works, I'll try
it for a couple of days and see how it goes. :)

--
justin viiret <justin at sprawl.com.au>             phone: +61 8 8379 2492
cyburbia network services - web tech             mobile: 0412 222 585

--
Check out the LinuxSA web pages at http://www.linuxsa.org.au/