Help needed!

Frank W. Holden Jr. frankh at zelie.com
Sat Aug 7 14:03:23 CST 1999

WARNING WARNING Will Robertson! Here is a stupid fool read to speak!

I am looking for someone that is willing to look over my networking
files. I can not get these working properly for some reason. What they
are for is my LAN and very near future PPP dial-up account. I want all
my machines to be able to go to the net. I want to take this M$DOG
machine offline!

Right now I can ping any of the machines on my network, but that is a
natural with host files installed on each machine. I have installed
RH5.2 and I definately have a problem with my DNS... Sendmail takes
forever to post the mail. NSLOOKUP doesn't seem to work. I haven't
been able to figure out how to get the YPBINDPROC_DOMAIN to bind to
the domain. The DNS server doesn't seem to be working at all...

I have sent all my files to one of the other list members to look over
and he can't find what I have done to make this server not work
properly. I am actually looking for some BIGTIME help here...

The machine is going to be used for serving my LAN and internet needs
for the LAN... At some point I will be getting ADSL here and want it
basically setup for that moment even though I am going through DSL
HELL right now! Is there any takers on this project??? I don't need to
be told to RTFM either! I have and someplace the brain has given up
and turned into gray jello...

ANY TAKERS???

Thanks for atleast reading...
Frank

--
Frank W. Holden Jr. --- Holden-On
FAX (603) 288-2594

      The future of "ALL MANKIND" lies within himself!
 Until he figures out who he is, then he can never know ME,
     and to know ME is to know the WORLD... -fwh-

--
Check out the LinuxSA web pages at http://www.linuxsa.org.au/