boot up problems - debian ver 2

Nigel Moore nigel at nlc.net.au
Sat Aug 7 13:07:53 CST 1999

Umm, well the way I *used* to run loadlin.exe was not using the cd at
all... I don't think you need the vmlinuz file on your dos partition. All
you need to do is point to *where* the file is on your linux partition. I
run redhat, and every time I have seen a linux system, the vmlinuz file is
in the /boot directory so you would reference /boot/vmlinuz on your linux
partition which *could* be /dev/hda5 or similar....

so there is no need to copy the file to your dos partition...

/boot/vmlinuz is only a link to the long name of the kernel image anyway,
and can be changed with a simple file rename, or you can optionally create
your own kernel image....

Cheers,

--Nige

email  nigel at nlc.net.au