Note: We usually meet every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Tuesday the 21st of March, 6:30 PM.
Flinders University, Tonsley.
Meet at the south doors of the Flinders University building, under the MAB main roof.
Look out for the statue of Mathew Flinders. Room G32, the Teletheater.
Clovelly stop on the Tonsley line, or
1284 South Road, Clovelly Park 5042.
Anyone and everyone — no pre-registration necessary
Free. Prior to the meeting, we’ll meet over dinner at 6:30PM. Bring $10 if you would like to participate in the group Pizza order.
In the past few months:
- 2017 February Dan Bourke – Tiny Vulcan, Dan Sobey – quick wrap up of Linux Conf Au, Thomas Sprinkmeier – info for a key signing event
- October 2015
Romana Challans – IoT, Coud
- August 2015
Deeping Linux by Ian Loxton / Using the Chinese Abacus (Suan Pan) by David Lloyd
- September 2015
For this meeting, Robyn Willison – a well known LinuxSA personality, hackerspace member and member of Linux Chix – will give a presentation on Linux Chix and the sorts of issues faced by women in the open source community.
- October 2015
George, Tim and Kim gave three great short talks – on AmigOS, a number of really cool command line and GUI tools and the radio telescope array facilities that Kim visited in the West Australian outback!
- Troy Vodopivec from Air Stream gave a talk on one of Australia’s oldest and largest community based wireless area networks.
- Andrew Galdes from AGIX gave a talk on OpenShift by RedHat.
- Rob Hart from Aspitech gave a talk on e-recycling in SA and some of the challenges faced.
- Ben Petering gave a talk on the Twisted networking framework for Python.
If you would like to give a talk on anything Linux-related, please send your idea to David Lloyd <firstname.lastname@example.org>.