The LinuxSA Mailing Lists are the main method of communication between LinuxSA members (note that the terms “members” is used loosely; you can consider yourself a member if you’re subscribed to one of the mailing lists).
There are two mailing lists:
email@example.com– for general discussion on any topic that is at least vaguely Linux-related or likely to be of interest to LinuxSA members
firstname.lastname@example.org– a low-volume non-discussion list for announcements that are likely to be of interest to Linux users in Adelaide/South Australia.
Subscribing and Unsubscribing
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change your subscription options, you can use the Mailman web interface:
Note that posts to
linuxsa-announce are automatically copied to
linuxsa so you do not need to subscribe to both of them.
- Postings to the mailing lists are only accepted from your subscribed address. This is to reduce the likelihood of spam making it on to the list. If you have more than one email address, you can subscribe all of your addresses separately, and then turn off mail delivery for all but one of them.
- The main discussion list (
email@example.com) is for anything vaguely Linux-related, or related to the LinuxSA community. That includes (but is not limited to):
- Meeting announcements
- Discussion about Linux and software that runs on Linux
- Requests for help with Linux
- Non-commercial/private wanted to buy/sell (if it can run Linux)
- Employment opportunities (if they’re to do with Linux)
- Anything else to do with Linux
- All of the above in relation to other Linux-like operating systems (such as BSD, Mac OS-X) and other Open Source software
- Other more-general-interest less-controversial things that are likely to be of particular interest to LinuxSA members (eg. computer networking)
- Topics relevant to the LinuxSA community, remembering we are a technology community set amongst the wider Australian context
- If you are posting a question, please read Eric Raymond’s How To Ask Questions The Smart Way first.
- Unsolicited commercial postings (on- or off-topic) are not permitted in general. Some exceptions apply — please check with
firstname.lastname@example.org get permission.
To post to the LinuxSA mailing lists, email your message to
Mailing list archives
Archives of the mailing lists are available below. The archives date back to when they started to be hosted at NetCraft Australia: